Thursday, January 1, 2009

man oh man! the new year has come!

dude, like seriously, where has the year gone? i just really can't believe that it's a new year =O yup, see my shocked face. haha.

so this picture was taken the very last day of 2007. we all woke up at 5am to see the sunrise by sea life park. 2008 was the year of new beginnings. so that last day of 2007 we all just thought about all the things that really needed to be left in the past and start off new. To be honest, that day really helped me move on and forget the craziness of the past and look forward to what God was going to do.

A lot of things happened in 2008. One of the biggest things happened these past 2 months. It had to be one of the most heart-breaking experiences of my life. I had/have the peace, but it doesn't exempt me from the pain. I know God has a purpose in all this, even if i don't understand it now, but i'd rather be taken out of someplace where God doesn't want me at the moment rather than insist that i stay and God's hand not be upon me. It defeats the whole concept of surrendering one's will.

Together with this experience, God also blessed me with new friends. It was His way of helping me deal with everything i guess. It certainly helped. School kept me more occupied than usual, even if deep inside i really wanted to be occupied with things that i have always been occupied with in the past. but hey, new beginnings right? who knew that it would carry out even till the end of the year?

2009 is the year of the womb. ho boy, we got our new beginning. now it's the stretching, and the morning sickness, the contractions, the pain, and finally the birth. i really don't know yet what i'm gonna give birth to, but i sure am excited! The pain doesn't sound so pleasant, but once you give birth, doesn't the pain fade away?

i pray that no matter what 2009 throws our way, we'll remain faithful. we might stumble, we might fall, but at least we know He's there to catch us every single time. Thanks Jesus, for Your love, faithfulness, and grace that saw us through 2008, and will continue to see us through this new year. May Your love and power be more evident than ever before in our churches and in our lives. we love You. in Jesus Name we pray, Amen.

woot, thanks guys, and have a blessed 2009 =D


"Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus"

Rom 8:1

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahhh, soo deep. I admire your words. Yeah, 2009! Lets make it a great year.

karen said...

this year is OVER!!! oh man... it's good to keep a heart of expectancy - after all, we have no idea what's in store for us this year! but i'm pretty sure it's going to be totally mindblowing!

love ya!

Glenda is the name. =) said...

Happy 2oo9 Jericah! I enjoy reading all your blogs. Wish I can write better english like you, chrysteen, and ate chie. huhuhu. You are all a great writer. I'm jealous. LOL. Anyway, I'm glad you made this. We are now updated with your life. =D We miss you!

Love,
Ate Glenda